FerroSchool is an educational event supported by IEEE Ultrasonics, Ferroelectrics, and Frequency Control Society (UFFC-S)
December 5 - December 9, 2022University of Calgary
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
About FerroSchool Winter 2022
FerroSchool is an educational event supported by IEEE Ultrasonics, Ferroelectrics, and Frequency Control Society (UFFC-S).
Held in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, it aims at bringing together students, postdocs and scientists at any career stage interested in ferroelectric materials. A general overview of fundamentals and applications of such materials will be given through lectures, practicals and demonstrations provided by academics internationally-recognized in the field and by companies known to the ferroelectric community. Scientific exchange and networking opportunities will be offered through a range of social activities including poster presentations facilitating participants to communicate on their own work with experts in the field.
- Applications Due: September 21, 2022
- To apply – please send a CV, a ½ page statement with motivation for attending the workshop, and a poster abstract to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Notification for admittance to workshop will be no later than October 1, 2022
- Fundamentals of ferroelectrics and related materials (multiferroics, improper ferroelectrics, antiferroelectrics, relaxors, ferroelastics)
- Structural, chemical/electronic, electrical characterisations
- Electron, optical, atomic force based microscopies and spectroscopies
- Large facility techniques
- Modelling: first and second principles, mesoscale, phase field
- Ferroelectrics and applications (actuators/sensors, ferroelectric memories, microelectronics